Tuesday, February 2, 2010

practicing for Superbowl halftime

Rocky and I had another music rehearsal tonight, and Rocky informed me that we might be playing during the Superbowl halftime next Sunday. It might not count as a public performance because it will probably be at one of his friend's houses or possibly at a friend of a friend's house. Still, I'm sure we can easily put on a pretty good show for ten or fifteen minutes. We have much more material than that, but of course we have some songs down stronger than others.

Some songs can be played as is but are being improved upon and will (hopefully) be even better in the future. For example, we are working on Rocky singing some background vocals on my Evolution song and for him to switch off on lead vocals and add some background support to my Red Baron song. I have a part to sing to Rocky's Shit fuck shit song (formerly known as Suicide Doors). Tonight we worked the most on that song because Rocky has added some more lyrics to it. We also played Legalize (one of my songs) and Infection (one of Rocky's, well-played tonight), and worked on the Al Gore Rhythm / Logger Rhythm song that I've been playing since the late 1980s.

No comments: