Friday, April 12, 2013

Three months later...

As you may have noticed, I don't post very often to this blog. I used to post maybe once a month, but sometimes three or four months slip by before I notice I haven't posted anything or before I find something to say.

Here's an update of the past three months: I still perform a two-hour show every Wednesday night at a local coffee house (Till It Shines). This has been going on since last October 3. Since January I added three songs by Christina Grimmie and Sarah to my show (Above All That is Random 4, 5 and 6) and one song (Sleeping Sun) by the Finnish metal band Nightwish. I have also come up with some more original instrumental tunes. In general, my show has gotten better over time, and I am a better guitar player and even more a better singer than I was six months ago when I started this gig. There is a small following of audience members who attend my shows. One guy has only missed one show and only because he was sick that night.

Last month the weather was nice enough on some days for me to ride and play outside, and generally since then I have gone out for a twenty-minute ride or so when weather permits. Sometimes I go out two or even three times in one day with an hour or two break between rides, but I am still way out of shape from not riding in wintertime. For now at least I can only handle a half hour riding at a time, and even then I am out of breath from the effort.

I have updated the Facebook page of "The Bicycling Guitarist" pretty regularly the past three months but still need to make the page look prettier. I also need more photographs, sound files and videos to post. Hopefully these are in the works. It might take a few more months, but by the end of summer I might have some professional quality multimedia to share with all of you.

Namaste

No comments: