Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New favicon.ico file for my web site



Hi all.
For those unfamiliar with favicons, they are the little graphic images before the URL text in the address box of an internet browser. I created one some years ago, working pixel by pixel. The result wasn't too bad for my limited abilities, but the past few days I took a little time to improve the image. I also scaled it down from 35 pixels wide to the 32 pixel size that is commonly used for favicons. Compare the two images above. The biggest changes are to the handlebars and below (including my legs), my hair color, and the glasses on my face. I also changed the shape of my head and hair a little bit and removed the black border box surrounding the image. These images are stretched 200% to make them easier to see (favicons are tiny little images; they have to be in order to fit in the address bar of the browser).

No comments: