Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Big changes may be ahead for my web site!

I'm not absolutely sure yet, but I may soon be migrating my web site to Drupal (a "Content Management System" or CMS) in order to make my web site more interactive. Instead of static HTML/CSS pages, the content is stored in a database and pages are dynamically generated by the software. This is the type of software used for blogs and will allow visitors to leave comments on individual song and essay pages.

I don't want my site to look like every other site that uses Drupal, but on the other hand, there is something to be said for consistency in terms of user friendliness. The current form of my web site is good, I dare say better than most personal web sites out there today, but I think it is time for a change.

Hopefully my web presence will help my professional life. For some reason there doesn't seem to be much demand for Bicycling Guitarists yet. Hmmm...

No comments: