Saturday, January 19, 2008

Evolution happens

Some people don't like to accept that evolution is as much a fact of nature as gravity is. Usually their opinion is based on misinformation. Even disregarding the overwhelming scientific evidence of the physical world, all one has to do is compare what creationists say evolutionists say to what evolutionists actually say and it is easy to see that creationists are liars. I am especially pleased at the 2005 ruling in the Dover case about teaching "intelligent design" in Pennsylvania, where the judge basically called the creationists liars in his decision. The truth will come out in the end, and eventually the general public will realize they are being LIED to from the pulpits of certain denominations of fundamentalist Christianity.

I wrote a song about evolution some years ago, and an essay about the teaching of evolution in public schools. I have probably received more emails about that essay than all other pages of my web site combined. To answer some of those emails, on the tenth anniversary of having the essay online (1997-2007) I published a page of rebuttals to the most common objections of Christian fundamentalists.

Here are links to the relevant sections of my web site:
The song I wrote is called Evolution.
The essay is Teaching Evolution.
The page of rebuttals is Reply to Christian Fundamentalists.

I have collected many pages of news stories relating to the science of evolution and the controversy about teaching it. I hope to include these links in future posts. Enjoy!

No comments: