Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lots of practice

Earlier tonight I played guitar a couple of hours with a bass player who lives nearby. Yesterday we practiced three hours. We've been jamming for a couple of weeks now, more and more frequently, and already have nearly thirty songs we're working on together. About half of them are Rocky's and the other half are a mix of my originals and some cover tunes I know quite well.

It's been a long time since I've had another musician to jam with regularly. It's been even longer since I've met anyone who is willing to practice several times a week.

Rocky has several arranged songs with interesting original bass guitar riffs. I am having great success in playing rhythm chords and lead guitar riffs to his bass lines. I hope to have some new material to post on my web site soon, maybe even music videos for YouTube and such.

No comments: